Salsaville's Thanksgiving Music & Dance, Support for the Cuban People,
Tour of Cuba: November 19th - 28th, 2022
Below you will see the 10-day trip we are offering to Havana, Cuba over this coming Thanksgiving.
We normally provide the option to add an extra week onto the trip where we visit the eastern part of the country (Santiago and Baracoa) as well. What's up? -- Cuba was closed to tourism for a while during the pandemic. They have now opened up, and are welcoming people from all over the world. Havana is in good shape, however things are not yet entirely back to normal in the rest of the country.
I will monitor the situation, and I will let you know if it becomes viable to add an optional 2nd week to explore Santiago & Baracoa as well.
Meanwhile you can now sign up for this trip as described below. If and when we add a optional second week (which would return on Sunday, December 4th) I will let you know right away so you have the option to add that on if you wish.
The plan is to spend 9 nights taking in the big city and salsa capital, Havana. We will explore the salsa scene in depth (parties, concerts, local dance clubs, and more), meet locals, and take in the architectural splendor that is Havana.
Here are the details of our travel dates:
Testimonials from Salsaville's 1st Music & Dance trip to Cuba - November 2015
Testimonials from Salsaville's 2nd Music & Dance trip to Cuba - January 2016
Testimonials from Salsaville's 3rd Music & Dance trip to Cuba - March 2016
Testimonials from Salsaville's 4th Music & Dance trip to Cuba - November 2016
Testimonials from Salsaville's 5th Music & Dance trip to Cuba - January 2017
And the trips just keep getting better and better each time. Here are some testimonials from more recent trips:
Testimonials from Salsaville's 11th Music & Dance trip to Cuba - January 2019
Testimonials from Salsaville's 12th Music & Dance trip to Cuba - November 2019
The Application Form is at bottom of this page.
This trip will be run under a legal "Support for the Cuban People" license (31 CFR § 515.574)
The group size will be limited to 16 or so travelers.
Please note that this will be run as a "semi-boutique" tour, meaning that the group size will kept on the small side, each member of the trip will receive individual attention, and the tour can be somewhat customized to your desires & interests. In addition, we are staying in upscale accommodations, but as a home-stay, not in a hotel. The group will be able to move around more efficiently and do more than a larger group could. This way we can all achieve my goal of making sure that each person has an amazing experience.
Included in the package price is:
Music & Dance Activities:
The only things that are not included in the package price and you should bring money for are:
Trip cost, which INCLUDES airline travel starting and ending at Miami (or Ft. Lauderdale):
Payment schedule is as follows:
If you need to cancel for whatever reason, I'm afraid none of the payments are refundable, except for a partial refund if we can find a replacement traveler and transfer the plane tickets into their name.
Why travel with Eric "El Cubanito" Freeman?
Eric has been traveling to Cuba since 1995. He has traveled there 26 times, and spent a total of over 28 months on the island. In addition, Eric has previously run a total of 13 group trips there, and is well-versed in the ins and outs of navigating Cuba and providing an amazing experience for all who choose to go on a Salsaville trip to Cuba. He has studied dance there extensively and has developed numerous connections over the years. Join him to explore and experience the amazing things Cuba has to offer. The focus of the trip will be dancing and music, but the tour includes exploring Cuba's history, architecture, beaches, and their fascinating people.
Please copy & paste the below text into an email, fill in, and send to email@example.com.
(Please avoid printing out this form and writing in answers by hand.)
1. Which dates are you signing up for:
Option #1: Havana Trip: November 19th to 28th. (If you would like to alter these days slightly (and mentioned above), please indicate so here.)
Option #2: Extended trip, if made available: November 19th to December 4th. (If not made available, we will just do Option #1.)
2. Would you like single or double occupancy?
If double occupancy, tell me the number of beds needed and the name of the person you are sharing a room with.
(Or, although tricky, let me know if you would like me to attempt to match you with another traveler to share a room with.)
Note: All rooms have AC and en-suite bathrooms (i.e. the bathroom is directly connected to your bedroom.)
3. Do you want any room upgrades? (This is on a space available basis only.)
4. Your email address:
Do you regularly check your email at least once every 24 hours?
5. Your cell phone number with the ability to receive text messages:
6. Do you have Facebook?
We tend to use Facebook for group communications (mostly before the trip), but this is not at all required.
7. Fill in the info below as it appears on your passport:
Date of Birth:
Passport date of expiration:
8. Contact info for any emergency:
Name of person:
9. Your mailing address:
10. Attach a good quality scan of your passport. (Taking a photo with a smartphone camera works fine.)
11. Do you have any physical and/or psychological issues that could impede your ability to successfully participate in this trip?
12. This tour will involve walking a total of 1-3 miles per day. Are you able to do this while maintaining an average moderate pace? (If not, it does not mean you cannot come on the trip. I would just need to know this ahead of time in order to possibly make some adjustments.)
In addition, on about 6 days, we will be doing 2 to 3 hours a day of dance lessons in well-ventilated, but non-airconditioned rooms. Some evenings we will be going out dancing for 2-3 hours. All activities are optional. If you are tired at any point, you can always opt-out and go back to your room to relax, rest, etc.
13. You will need to sign a fairly standard liability waiver to sign which will be delivered to you upon accepting of your application.
14. From time to time you will be asked for your input on some aspect of planning the trip. You will sometimes be asked to respond in as little as 24 hours. (Examples include RSVP'ing to a proposed group orientation meeting time, and getting your go ahead in purchasing specific airline flights.) I will need your timely response in order to help effectively plan the trip. Do you agree to do your best to respond in a timely-manner?
15. What are your expectations for participating in this trip? (Two sentence minimum here please.)
16. Please list any dietary restrictions that could be relevant to this trip - like if you don't eat red meat, poultry, fish, dairy, etc.
Eric "El Cubanito" Freeman
Owner, Salsaville Dance Studios